Five day fall trip to Jasper National Park AB CA, Banff National Park AB CA and Glacier National Park MT, USA from Sep 20th – 25th 2018.
Jasper National Park:
– Maligne Canyon
– Maligne Lake
– Athabasca Glacier Icewalk, Columbia Icefield
– Athabasca Falls
Banff National Park:
– Lake Moraine
– Lake Louise
– Peyto Lake Overlook
Calgary AB, Canada:
– Calgary Tower
Glacier National Park MT, USA
– Going to the Sun Road (GTTS)
– Bird Woman Falls
– Lunch Creek
– Wild Goose Island
– Jackson Glacier Overlook
– Trail of the Cedars
– Sun Point
– Sunrift Gorge
– Overlook near Highline Trail
– Logan Pass Visitor Center
One of the most beautiful Mountains, Lakes and water falls in the whole world, not just US/Canada (in my opinion). Lakes/waterfalls are easily accessible in Jasper and Banff National Parks. Going-to- the-Sun road in Glacier National Park has frequent overlooks/viewpoints to stop and take pictures.
Jasper vs Banff vs Glacier: Personally I think each NP is unique but I would choose Banff if I have to pick one. I have listed below why I would pick one NP over the other:
-Massive Mountains and Glacial Lakes
– Ease of access to view points.
– Massive mountains
– Amazing waterfalls and canyons.
– Athabasca Glacier/Ice walk
Glacier NP MT:
– Peaks not as massive as Banff/Jasper NP but they are in the
– Unique glacier-carved mountains
– GTTS (Going-to-the-Sun road) with easy access and view points.
– Cheaper accommodations and many restaurants nearby
– Offers more trails
– Please fill up your gas as soon as it goes below half tank near
Jasper. There is a gas station in Jasper but it closes early and
after that next gas station is more than 100 km away.
– These NP are huge (especially Jasper and Banff NP). Driving from
Jasper to end of Jasper NP can roughly take around 2 hours, so
plan accordingly and have your accommodations close by,
preferably at Jasper to visit Jasper NP and Banff/Canmore to visit
– Prefer not to visit busy places e.g. Lake Louise, Moraine etc. on
week days as it can get too crowded.
– Keep your schedule somewhat flexible as weather can change
quickly and you should have other alternatives to visit.
– If you are planning to visit in September, keep in mind that it can
get really cloudy at the end of the month. Try to stay between 10th
and 18th Sep.
– Fall is great time to visit to beat the crowds.
GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition, Galaxy Note8, DJI Spark, Nikon D800
Free mp3 sounds of wind, lake and car was downloaded from the website: https://www.soundjay.com/